Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Incredible Mission-Wide Conference with Elder Texeira of the Seventy

Lots of pics this week, but I didn't write too much.

So, one of the best parts of this week.....NEW SUIT!  I got it made for just over $100US.  It was time.  President Rodriguez recently asked me if my family was poor, to which I replied, "No", so he said, "I didn't think so.....go get a new suit".  Apparently my last one was in less than good condition ☺

We had an amazing mission-wide conference yesterday with Elder Texiera of the Seventy and got to be together as a large elder and sister group.  That's always fun and helps continue to build that camaraderie that is so needed for all of us.

Elder Estarita, my trainer and first comp !! 
Elder Ward and Elder Maravilla....I miss these guys







We have baptisms coming up again, which is very exciting.  We know that we are blessed with the very short time we have as mission office workers to go out and meet potential investigators.  Even with that short time, we are always led to find those who seeking out the knowledge of the gospel.

Since we passed our one year mark this last Wednesday, Elder Florence and I participated in the traditional, "Burnin' O' the Shirts" to celebrate.  We even got balloons to make it official.








Next week is going to be a ZOOOOO!  Transfers are up again and we are getting 21, yes 21 new missionaries.  But, I got this.  I'll be back and forth to the airport more times than I can count, I'm sure.  It will be good to have new elders and sisters and see them grow and love the mission and the people of Bolivia.  I cant believe I was one of them a year ago.....its gone so fast.  It seems like I just got here.

I'm loving my mission, I love my area and the people of Santa Cruz Bolivia.

I miss everyone back home and love you all,

Elder Connor deCocq

No comments:

Post a Comment