Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Five months into the Mission & 'Cristo Gigante!'

I've been out exactly 5 months today!  I can't believe how fast its going and the amazing work for the Lord we have been blessed to accomplish.
"I Love You So....Mish?"
Today's email is short, but I have lots of good pics!

Well, my first real week here in Bermejo was crazy hot and humid but nothing too bad. It's still short sleeve shirts every day.  And, we didn't get the bad floods that other areas not too far from here did this last week. Beremejo is not huge....its about 2 miles by 1 mile in size.  Its right across the river from Aguas Blancas, Argentina

 

I think I mentioned it last week, but we there are four of us living in one casa...two companionships.  One of the elders from Peru is in his training and has only been out a few short weeks.  He is doing well and fun to be around (plus, I'm not the greenie anymore!).

So....we sang Christmas hymns in sacrament meeting in the Branch this week.  Apparently they haven't advanced the calendar past December.  That was interesting.  Viva Bolivia!

We helped make some bread for the people who prepare out food each day.  They have a bread business also so we got to roll it up and get it ready to go in the brick oven.

My area is basically a jungle and right by the Rio Bermejo (see my video at the end of this blog post).  Its very different from Santa Cruz.
















Just like in Rio de Janeiro, we have a 'Giant Jesus' who overlooks the town.  We hiked up to it today and got some pics.
Cristo Gigante! (I think there are a few peeps who
are going to have to answer to higher authority for
tagging a Jesus statue.....not cool)
Sort of unlike me, I made sure to get some 'squad pics' with the elders who live in our house
Check out the huge, crazy bugs I found this week too!

Thats all for this week.  Sorry I didn't get pics of my journal entries this week, but I have pics and videos

Chau, y te amo!

Elder deCocq










VIDEOS:  For those just reading the email, click here to see the videos in my blog (the videos don't link in the email)



                                  My Spanish rocks....just sayin'

No comments:

Post a Comment