Monday, January 29, 2018

Halfway through this Transfer...Wait, EMERGENCY TRANSFER!

Well this week started off normal and then BOOM..... Thursday night at 10:30 I got called by the Asistentes and they told me some quick changes had to be made in another area and I was going to Bermejo in the Mira Flores branch with Elder Reyes as my comp (he is from Lima, Peru and is really cool luckily). He has been out 10 months and has been in this area for 3 months already so he knows the ropes.

Said Goodbye to Elder Hall after almost 3 weeks


On Friday I said goodbye to three of my favorite families from Quince de Septiembre (my last area) then off to the airport in Viru Viru to fly an hour to Tarija in western Bolivia then a 3 hour car ride south to Bermejo. It was very hard for me to leave my area in Santa Cruz.  I have grown close to so many of my families there and I didn't have a chance to say goodbye to all of the I wanted to because this happened so quickly. But, I know that the Lord has a work for me to do now further south in Bolivia.
I flew to Tarija and then a bus ride 3 hours to Bermejo

I am now right on the border of Argentina in Southern Bolivia




The new area is super beautiful though in the mountains and right on the border of Argentina. I can see it across the river here. It is very different here and so pretty.  Also, the streets don't smell so thats a plus. We have an awesome apartment and there are 4 of us living in it (two companionships).  We still have food prepared for us for lunches here as we did in Santa Cruz.  The food is very similar, but I'll be eating some fish now too.

VIDEO:  For those just reading the email, click here to see the video in my blog (the video doesn't link in the email)
My New Casa!!!






Saltenas!!

So, I am now in the Miraflores Branch of Bermejo.  So far, the area is not as 'ripe' for investigators as we had it in Santa Cruz, but that just means we have to work that much harder.  We are a branch here, not a ward so our goal is to try to bring enough saints into the gospel in this area so it can become a ward.

Kinda tired of typing so yeah thats all for this week. Will send more pics next week Chau.

As always, see my journal entries below for more of my daily 'stuff'

Elder Connor Ryan deCocq







No comments:

Post a Comment