Friday, July 27, 2018

New Camera, Miracles....and John Cena as a Scorpion??

Hola Familia y Amigos,

Let´s see, this week we had some splits with the assistants, got to do a lot of work out in the field and not so much of the daily office routine stuff.

Elder Berges and me being random
Hermana Coca brought me some pakcages this week also from my family so of course we took a picture with her. I am so grateful for these amazing Bolivian friends in Utah who take their time to bring me packages from my family.


Spiritual part to bring everything back into perspective.

So during our exchange this week with Elder Florence, we had a really awesome encounter with a very humble family. I felt the need to go towards a certain area of his area (because we were working in his area for the day) and we went that way. We then saw a lady who was sweeping up trash and stuff in her front yard so Elder Florence began talking to her and we asked if we could help her and then if we could share a message with them. The lady and her 3 kids (8 yrs old, 6 yrs old and 1 yr old) sat down and listened to us and we began talking about The Plan of Salvation with them but the spirit guided me to another topic in the middle of that lesson. We began teaching them about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the 5 steps we can take to align ourselves with the path that leads us back to our Heavenly Father again. I then invited them to prepare to be baptized on the 18th of August and they humbly and willingly accepted this goal as a family. To see how excited the 8 year old boy was when we talked about how families can be together forever, I just new without a shadow of a doubt that the spirit had led us to that family and that they as a family are going to be striving towards that goal together.

We had a meeting with our ward mission leader on tuesday for his wife´s birthday and also talked about the work, and I was just so happy this week. Like the entire week was just amazing and our ward mission leader ( Kolbin Limón) asked me why i was so happy and smiling and my answer was simple, " Some people work at bank´s, and some people work as policemen, but my job is to be a representative of Jesus Christ for 2 years and to help others become closer with Him. Why wouldn´t I be happy?" There is no better work and no better time than that of a missionary. As much as I still am the same ol´ Connor as I was before I left to serve the mission, there truly is no other joy in this world than that of being a missionary and being able to bless the lives of so many people.


And, back to the random...
Zero explanation...

So this picture is very random, but basically summed up in the US when you
are in a shady neighborhood you see a pair of old shoes tied together and flung
 over the power lines....well I, after seeing this, I'm pretty sure I'm in the super
 boonies now because they have plastic bags filled with juice flung 
over the power lines here. Noice....
I can´t explain what this is or what is going on other than
I now firmly believe in evolution because of this.
>>John Cenaaaaa!!


New Bolivian money (Left) and old (right)

Pretty sure we got lost...

Elder Florence next to a Nebraska License plate...
I told him to pose and that´s all I got...Noice x2



Bye for now, everyone......Viva Bolivia

Elder Connor Ryan deCocq

No comments:

Post a Comment