Wednesday, September 13, 2017

CCM First Week complete. I was called as a District Leader

First day was probably the funkiest and craziest day of my life. Many emotions but still awesome. I met my companion elder Lake and he is awesome. The mexico city CCM is so sick. Every one here including the latinos are so friendly and are just amazing people in general.
Spanish is coming along well and its crazy how fast im picking up the language. The people in my casa are also super tight . Elder Cope,Lake,Allred,and I are all in a room together but we have 20 people total in the entire casa. Also your boy got called as the District Leader for my district the second day i was here so im pretty stoked about that. We have all grown so close to one another and i love each and every one of them. P.S. sorry if my grammar or the punctuation is off, this spanish keyboard is muy diferente.
This week has gone by really slow but ive learned so much. Day 2 was definitely the hardest for me but i keep reminding myself on why i am here and my purpose as a missionary. Food here is super bomb not gonna lie. Still havent gotten diarrhea so i take that as a personal accomplishment for the week.

6 of the people in my district are going to Bolivia, 2 to paraguay and 4 to texas.from left to right ​Elder Talley and Elder Johnson(Paraguay), Elder Patton,Elder Hustis(Texas),Elder Cope and Elder Allred(Bolivia santa cruz), Hermana Eastman and Casaday(Texas), Elder Lake and me (Bolivia santa cruz), and Elder Rustad and Elder Weech(bolivia santa cruz).

My district is the absolute best and they have all taught me something about myself in these past 8 days.

Crazy how slow the first week went. Learning the new everything, getting used to the life as a missionary was tough the first two days but definitely has gotten easier. Life here in the CCM has been a journey in itself and I absolutely love it. My companion Elder Lake is super cool. He is from Idaho and he love college sports, basketball in particular.  He has been an awesome companion thus far for sure. I MET ELDER COPE from Instagram. We literally share the same room so thats cool. He is awesome and his companion Elder Allred is cool too. Both of them are from Utah. We live in Casa 33 with 20 total elders in 5 seperate rooms, 4 elders in each room. My room is elder cope allred me and lake. 2 bunkbeds woooooooo.

Food here is really good, but today im fasting for my district, district 14B here in the CCM.  I love everyone in my district. They are all amazing people.

You can read my journal entries and i promise they explain my thoughts,actions and everything that has been going on here at the CCM. My disctrict is super rad, and so has everyone else here. President Bennett and his wife are the best MTC presidents ever. So kind and just all around good people. Im trying my best to get pictures for you all so youre welcome!
Anyway thats all for this week. Ask my mom or dad for journal entires or follow the blog my dad is keeping for me! Chao amigos..
Elder Connor Ryan deCocq

My Companion, Elder Lake



FROM DAD:
The following are excerpts from Connor's daily journals this last week.  Some things were personal thoughts and trials that he preferred to not be in the blogosphere for various reasons so I edited them out at his request, but if you'd like to see the full entries I can send them to you.







No comments:

Post a Comment