Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Bolivian Interpol Traffic Stop and Almost Detainment...Viva Bolivia!

Another adventurous and great week! 😃


We went to Tarija this Thursday for a Multi-Zone conference which is 3 hours away in a Taxi so that was a fun car ride...one way hahahahahahahha. Had to get up after 1am to get ready to head up there.  Got to Tarija and had salteñas before the conference.  I got to see other elders I hadn't seen for awhile....good times!

Fotos with the asistentes



Fotos with Elder Estarita (My first comp and trainer!!) and Elder Maravilla




Got a picture with Elder Elder Allred and Elder Rustad after a long time of having not seen them.  We went through the CCM (MTC) together in Mexico City. 
















(Gratuitous stock photo added for dramatic effect...)
Sooo....on the way back from Tarija, we got stopped by Bolivian Interpol.  I don't have my Bolivia ID card yet, my passport is with the attorney who is arranging my ID Card, so there I am with no international ID.  I got asked to step out of the car, but I had my Utah drivers license and that was 'sufficient for their needs'.......good, but not good.😲




We are finally seeing progress here with investigators who are ready to follow Christ.  It feels good knowing the spirit is working through us to make good things happen.

We still have protests going on here here and beautiful views.

Spiritual message time:
Alma 37:44-46
44 For behold, it is as easy to give heed to the word of Christ, which will point to you a straight course to eternal bliss, as it was for our fathers to give heed to this compass, which would point unto them a straight course to the promised land.
45 And now I say, is there not a type in this thing? For just as surely as this director did bring our fathers, by following its course, to the promised land, shall the words of Christ, if we follow their course, carry us beyond this vale of sorrow into a far better land of promise.
46 O my son, do not let us be slothful because of the easiness of the way; for so was it with our fathers; for so was it prepared for them, that if they would look they might live; even so it is with us. The way is prepared, and if we will look we may live forever.

Amo a mi familia y amigos,

      ~Elder Connor Ryan deCocq

As always, here are my weekly journals for your reading and laughing pleasure....




No comments:

Post a Comment