Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Two Months Out...I'm Getting Better at This, Baptisms, Miracle Ankles, & Sacrament Bread That Was just...'Bread'

"I didn´t get all I wanted, But God gave me all I needed."

Two months out already!  So this week was by far the best for me so far in Bolivia!!!! I got to experience miracles, eat more bomb food and the people here are all just amazing! Pique Macho is by far the best food I have ever eaten.
Amazing Pique Macho.....

Last week Elder Estarita and I gave a Priesthood blessing to a man who got his ankle broken because someone hit him with a bat and his ankle was bigger than 4 golf balls. He asked us to give him a blessing of health so we did and went on our way and less than 2 full days later we went back and that same man was walking on his leg again without the crutches and the swelling was miniscule! >Through faith in the Lord, miracles are possible.


9 Year old Gladys Troncos on her
amazing baptism day
We had another baptism for Gladys Troncos and she´s is the sweetest little girl ever! The baptismal font was clogged so we got to fish the water out with buckets! So yeah that was fun too.

Ghost Elder deCocq and Elder Estarita

Elder Estarita and me bailing out the clogged font
Got a surprise box from Mom, Dad, & Kolleen on Thursday that was delivered by Sister Kitty Rolapp from Highland, UT, who is visiting here in her home country for 3 weeks.  This made my day and my comp's, Elder Estarita, since they put a surprise in there for him too.  You have to read my experience in my journal entires below of Sister Rolapp's testimony of this work in Bolivia that she related to my mom and dad.  It changed me and was very powerful.  I can't wait to meet her! 
Bolivian Sister Rolapp from Utah and her quote
that made such an impact on me I added it to her
picture that Dad sent me
P-Day was fun today so far.....we had a zone conference and headed to downtown Santa Cruz by micro (small busses that run the same routes all the time) to meet the rest of the zone.  We all went bowling and got Papa John's Pizza!  Yes, they have some 'back home' things here too.







Killed scorpion number two in the house also this week so that was awesome! Other than that another week down and I can´t wait to see what this next week has in store! *** If you want to see my day to day blessings, miracles, fun, antics, & humor, read my journal entires below.

Ciao!    ~ Elder Connor deCocq

"We all have significant opportunity to practice Christianity, and we should try it at every opportunity. For example, we can all be a little more forgiving. In latter-day revelation the Lord said: “My disciples, in days of old, sought occasion against one another and forgave not one another in their hearts; and for this evil they were afflicted and sorely chastened. “Wherefore, I say unto you, that ye ought to forgive one another; for he that forgiveth not his brother his trespasses standeth condemned before the Lord; for there remaineth in him the greater sin. “I, the Lord, will forgive whom I will forgive, but of you it is required to forgive all men.”"  - Howard W. Hunter

My Journal Entries (easier to read on tablet, laptop, or desktop):










Other assorted Randomness:
Floods are just a common thing here...you
just go around them

Not quite my bed at home (which I miss), but it works

Horses just....'roam' around here

Titi, our adopted pet cat



Video:  When spiny chancho 'snout' meat doesn't cut it....feed the cat!
(even Titi started turnng it down)

No comments:

Post a Comment