Tuesday, November 28, 2017

My 1st Transfer is down.....No Longer the Newb.

OOOOOOHHHHHH Man is Bolivia full of surprises every week!

(I promise I am not as fat as my pictures make it seem. I am
actually losing weight)
Had my first zone conference on Wednesday and that was really good! It was my first transfer and we lost some elders and gained some.  I'll be here for at least one more transfer. We have a new greenie this week, but I haven't met him yet.  Also got to see my old MTC buddies (Minus a few)





We may be moving to a new casa so we went and checked out some options.  If it happens, it will likely be in December sometime.  I also got to speak to my Mission President for the first time after meeting him when I arrived in Bolivia.


One of the best parts of the week....and investigator here has a pet monkey named Crispy.  Here are a couple of pics, but check out the videos I sent over **


Elder Estarita and I helped one of our familes that was struggling with some bills.  We didn't do much, but we know that what we did do was a blessing for them and for us.  They have done so much for us and giving back was the least we could do and it made our hearts ache to see them struggling over what seemed to us to be small issues, but they weren't to them.  My mission call didn't say, "Called To Preach and Convert", it said, "Called To Serve".

This week had its ups and downs and I had to get myself out of being discouraged at one point because of canceled appointments, etc.  Prayer and a visit to a small tienda for a treat helped get me back on track.

We got to bless the home of one of our favorite families this week too.  It was very spiritual and made their day and our day too.

We also taught a woman this week wearing a "Kalvin Klain" shirt hahahahahaha. Love it.

Finished our first transfer with 3 baptisms and I met many amazing families! Still in the same area for this transfer and I am super excited to see what these next 6 weeks have in store.
The food continues to be amazing as always.
New Planners for the next transfer!


Part of a letter from Dad about his conversion....All the
letters from home help me a lot

 

 



Best investigator question yet...."Did we come from monkeys?"

Read my journal entires below for more weekly details.

Ciao and love to everyone,

Elder Connor deCocq

** Dad Note:  I included some videos from Elder deCocq, but they don't link in the email notifications that are sent out from the blog  Click on this link to see the videos directly on the blog


 My journal entradas:


No comments:

Post a Comment